|Contracted Hours||50 hours per week|
|Overtime||Paid or given as time off in lieu|
|Holidays||20 days plus bank holidays|
|Accommodation||Can be available for the right candidate|
|Meals & Uniforms||Included|
|Other benefits||Private Medical Insurance Included|
To ensure the smooth running of kitchen, with duties including:
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
- To ensure service areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To practice the required procedures relating to health, hygiene, safety and fire policies as set by the company.
- To ensure that mise-en-place is prepared on time, making sure that everything is cleared away promptly and efficiently – to start the following service.
- To be able to work in all sections of the kitchen.
- To run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To follow instructions and to train all trainees, if asked, as set by the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the specific standards set by the Head Chef.
- To order stores for the required daily business in stock to be used in rotation- checked every night.
- To ensure that all fridges and areas at the end of each service are kept clean, tidy and hygienic without incurring waste.
- Responsible for ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum during preparations and that all food is used to the maximum.
- To ensure the layout of hot/cold food in the restaurant are kept to the set standard.
- To follow health and safety procedures as set out in the Standard Operating Procedures manual and according to company health and safety policy.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by management.
In return you will be offered a fun, relaxed, friendly and enjoyable working environment alongside highly competitive working packages, private medical insurance, a friendly, inspirational and experienced management team and low Tax.
Please view our website for full details, but in brief: we are a 59 bedroom, 4 Gold star coastal country house hotel sitting in an elevated position, enjoying fabulous panoramic sea views on the south coast of sunny Jersey.
The right candidate will have previous experience as a Sous Chef or Senior CDP in a high standard kitchen.
As with all our roles, we’re always searching for talented, enthusiastic and self-motivated professionals with a passion for providing first class guest care and a keen eye for detail. We aim to anticipate the needs and exceed the expectations of all our guests. You must be a friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and passionate person.