We are looking for Head Housekeeper to join our team at the Hotel Cristina.
General Scope of Job:
To be responsible for achieving and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of accountability and training of staff as set out in Standard Operating Procedure manual.
Main Duties and Areas of Accountability:
- To be responsible for achieving and maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of accountability.
- To ensure a rota is drawn up for the following week ensuring enough staff are on for buys periods and all duties are covered.
- To ensure that training of staff is competent to complete their tasks.
- To avoid waste on product lines by proper supervision and monitoring quantities of products used.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and maintaining the correct qualities of all products for guests (i.e. soaps, tea, crockery etc).
- To order all dry store items by liaising with the Head Chef. To ensure that all rooms are checked periodically for the purpose of maintenance (i.e. light bulbs (correct wattage)) and any broken or damaged items being brought to the attention of the Duty Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with rules and regulations, ensuring staff understand disciplinary procedures.
- To observe strict security where guests’ belongings and master keys are involved and make staff aware of the penalties for pilfering.
- Ensure that uniforms provided by the hotel are worn correctly and kept clean and presentable at all times.
- To ensure all staff observe and maintain high standards of personal hygiene.
- To control linen stock carrying out periodical stock counts of hotel linen and keep control of linen to/from contract launderer.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a head housekeeper or assistant head housekeeper in a four or five star hotel
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of COSHH practices
- Leadership, management, positivity, self-motivated, passionate, friendly, approachable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
Please email HR@dolanhotels.com